Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52

Thread: How bout dem DAWGS

  1. #21
    Inactive Member Deano68's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2009
    Posts
    76
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How bout dem DAWGS

    2nd place isn't bad for New York wannabes. Now make a run in the playoffs and then come back and run them there hawg jaws!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  2. #22
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How bout dem DAWGS

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    you are exactly right.,

    Appy came to play last night, nobody can say they came out and laid down.

    PV seemed to be the obvious better team watching the game, they were able to move the ball well at times, sometimes missing by an inch from being up by two-three TD's

    and the PV defense was put into bad positions all night and came up GINORMOUS. It was awesome, anybody who loves defense loved what PV did last night. they played their hearts out, after being put into terrible situations early with two fumbles

    If anybody thought that Appy would lay down and get blown out,then they were foolish. Appy was coming off a humilating defeat,and no doubt those fellers have tons of Bulldog pride,and they wanted that bad taste out of their mouths. The Dawgs were fighting for their playoff lives, not to mention that a win vs their biggest rival,the hated Powell Valley Vikings,would have MADE their season. PV on the other hand was also scrapping,clawing,and digging for their playoff lives. The fact that this one was a slobber-knocker is no surprise at all to me. It's the way that PV-Appy should be (much like the JJK-JIB battle last night).
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How bout dem DAWGS

    people dont wanna admit it, but this years PV team is as scrappy and tough as any.
    This is not the uber talented PV teams that cmae out and threw it around and beat folks with their speed.

    This is a smash mouth, running the ball playing great defense and giving their all every play team.

    People always assume PV is this prissy, speed not wanting to hit you team.
    No one can accuse PV of being like that this year.

    I wanna give a shout out to PV's lineman, #61. The kid, i dont know his name, plays both ways, and was just a force last night. On defense he was unblockable. Every play he would blow the center up, stand him up and cause havoc. #61 was tommie harris last night, just creating all kinds of havoc and dominating the LOS

  4. #24
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How bout dem DAWGS

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
    I don't know where you get that really. This is one of the 5 least talented teams they've ever had.
    I think the reason I thought they had potential is because they played solid against tough teams (up until they ****ed off Kelly), had a large arsenal of very capable running backs, had an exchange student who could actually kick the ball if needed, and had more players this year than some of the previous Appalachia teams. This Appalachia team was a HUGE improvement over last year's nearly-worst-in-school-history 1-9 team, but it makes me so angry to see that potential wasted in terrible losses such as this one to Powell Valley when they were within a few steps of scoring four times throughout the game and let it slip.

  5. #25
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How bout dem DAWGS

    Quote Originally Posted by Deano68 View Post
    2nd place isn't bad for New York wannabes. Now make a run in the playoffs and then come back and run them there hawg jaws!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I'd been wondering where you'd been. Welcome back buddy. I hope all is well with you.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  6. #26
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How bout dem DAWGS

    Quote Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
    I think the reason I thought they had potential is because they played solid against tough teams (up until they ****ed off Kelly), had a large arsenal of very capable running backs, had an exchange student who could actually kick the ball if needed, and had more players this year than some of the previous Appalachia teams. This Appalachia team was a HUGE improvement over last year's nearly-worst-in-school-history 1-9 team, but it makes me so angry to see that potential wasted in terrible losses such as this one to Powell Valley when they were within a few steps of scoring four times throughout the game and let it slip.
    I don't see them really being an improvement over last year, I think it has more to do with everyone else kind of dropping down. People can talk about what a great year it was, but this was the weakest the LPD and even the Region have been in a long time. I think you're seeing too much for Appy, they just don't have any talent.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  7. #27
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How bout dem DAWGS

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
    I don't see them really being an improvement over last year, I think it has more to do with everyone else kind of dropping down. People can talk about what a great year it was, but this was the weakest the LPD and even the Region have been in a long time. I think you're seeing too much for Appy, they just don't have any talent.

    There's talent there. This will be shown when the Dawgs put a hurtin' on us all come basketball season. I know it is a different sport,but an athlete is an athlete is an athlete,and they have some athletes. I think that it has alot to do with the coach there. I saw Tom do better with less.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  8. #28
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How bout dem DAWGS

    Other than Mason Stewart, there didn't look to be anything down there. It's not just there though. Most people couldn't name a player off Clintwood's team other than Meade, a player off JIB other than Miles, the other teams you'd have a hard time naming anyone from. Last year everyone knew with Clintwood Robinson, Robbins, Hull, Counts. Burton had Miles and Coleman. At least PV had a Pinkston that people could matter. I'm sure they've got talented kids, they don't have football talented kids. Clintwood had plenty of talent on the football field the last few years, that did **** to help out basketball or baseball. I agree with you on the coaching situation though. I didn't think much of them before, and think even less after last week. Tom had teams that went 1-9 though. Clintwood also went down there when he was still alive and put over 60 on them a few years back. He'd have a hard time doing much with what's there now. They would be much better though.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  9. #29
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How bout dem DAWGS

    Appy has a pretty tough/talented sophomore fullback that I was most impressed with when watching them when they played Castlewood and St. Paul (not the greatest competition, I know). #12 I think is his number. He was always one that I saw as being one of their strongest runners and very promising in the upcoming years. I didn't watch any of the games in which they were beaten, so I don't know how he performed versus the better teams on their schedule who would obviously field a much better defense.

    The Stuarts were pretty good, too, though I never saw them produce much on offense. #2 (Forrest, I think?) laid out some vicious hits when they played Castlewood. Nearly every time he made a stop on defense, it was like a car wreck. Versus St. Paul I never saw that same intensity and I even complained about it in a thread I created back when those two played one another. The entire team just seemed bored that night, though, even with their blowout win.

    Even with the players mentioned above, I still don't think there's a single player on Appalachia's team I can point out and say, "This guy is incredibly talented," because they have such a large mix of players they use on offense/defense (offense especially in the backfield), they all sort of 'took turns' to keep the wheels rolling. What I saw from them this year was much more efficiency and confidence than they had last year. It was just sad seeing them play last year. It was as if they knew every game they were walking into a bad situation. I think it was an improvement overall, but they probably could have finished better than 5-5 if not for the silly mistakes I keep hearing about.

  10. #30
    Inactive Member Deano68's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2009
    Posts
    76
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How bout dem DAWGS

    I've been around for awhile watching you take my place. I have returned, so get back in line. By the way, this is the worst Clintwood team I've seen in quite awhile. Cameron Vanover has played very well this year from what I've heard.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •